Friday, July 27, 2012

Cilantro Lime Creamy Salad Dressing

I love salad. Love it! Most of the time, I can drizzle a little balsamic vinegrette dressing on my salad and be satisfied. However, there are times when you need a good, creamy dressing. However, have you ever read the nutrition information on creamy dressings. Yeah, you might as well eat a cheeseburger. So, we've dabbled and experimented and have finally come up with a yummy, low fat dressing. Enjoy!!

Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing

1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt (can also use fat free sour cream)
1/2 cup salsa (make sure it does NOT have high fructose corn syrup)
lime juice from one lime
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp red pepper (if you can't handle spicy, you might cut this in half)
1 tsp garlic salt
handful of cilantro finely chopped

Combine all the ingredients in a blender (I used a Magic Bullet) or food processor. Serve with a  yummy salad, perhaps one that involves avocado :)

Nutrition Information:

Makes 6 servings

Nutritional Information per serving:


Calories29.2
  Total Fat0.3 g
     Saturated Fat0.0 g
     Polyunsaturated Fat0.1 g
     Monounsaturated Fat0.1 g
  Cholesterol0.0 mg
  Sodium108.8 mg
  Potassium125.7 mg
  Total Carbohydrate3.7 g
     Dietary Fiber0.5 g
     Sugars1.5 g
  Protein3.8 g
  Vitamin A3.2 %
  Vitamin B-123.3 %
  Vitamin B-62.1 %
  Vitamin C8.5 %
  Vitamin D0.0 %
  Vitamin E0.9 %
  Calcium6.2 %
  Copper4.1 %
  Folate1.2 %
  Iron5.0 %
  Magnesium2.6 %
  Manganese2.9 %
  Niacin1.2 %
  Pantothenic Acid    2.2 %
  Phosphorus    5.6 %
  Riboflavin5.2 %
  Selenium0.2 %
  Thiamin2.5 %
  Zinc0.8 %

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I am going to subscribe through my Google Reader, but you should definitely add Google Friend Connect to make it easier for others to follow you too! I am excited to try the recipes you share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will. I haven't blogged since blogger changed the set up, so I'm having to relearn everything :)

    ReplyDelete