Saturday, August 4, 2012

THIS IS NOT LOWFAT (but it's kind of healthy)

Pinterest is my best friend. I'm sorry Chanda, your place has been taken. I find the BEST STUFF on Pinterest. Yesterday, I found these chocolate bars. Last night I made them. They are amazing! They are also fattening.

I justified it like this:
a. Sometimes you need chocolate.
b. Everything in them is organic and natural.
c. I'm not on a "low fat" diet, I'm on a healthy lifestyle plan.
d. Sometimes you need chocolate.

So, I made them. And I loved them. They are SO rich, so creamy, so amazing. Really, a small square will satisfy a chocolate need. Next time, I'm going to experiment using PB2 powder, cocoa powder, and stevia in place of the peanut butter and chocolate chips. I'll let you know how it goes. Until then, enjoy (in moderation)!!


Edited to add: If you put this in a 9" x 12" pan and cut it into 1" squares, you will have 108 squares. Each of those squares is approximately 45 calories and 2.8 grams of fat. So, you know, moderation is key. Make it for a party or for when you have a houseful of kids who are STARVING! 


2 comments:

  1. I made it yesterday too! I was wondering how I needed to slice it, but didn't feel like doing the math, so thanks! It WAS good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much get all of my recipes from pinterest now!

    ReplyDelete